Porcelain Veneers in Durham
Get your perfect celebrity smile with porcelain veneers at Stead Willis DMD.
Porcelain veneers are the top way to correct the appearance of teeth, fixing a variety of problems. They’re the ultimate smile makeover!
Porcelain veneers fix:
Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Stead Willis, helps you plan your smile makeover.
- Step 1 At the first consultation, our dentist completes an exam of your teeth and discusses your smile goals and options. We take impressions of your teeth then create a unique smile design made to suit your natural appearance.
- Step 2 When you’re ready to proceed with treatment, the dentist preps each tooth for a veneer; this involves reshaping the surface so that the veneer adheres effectively and looks natural in thickness. We ensure you’re pain-free during the process.
- Step 3 Your veneers are custom-made, and when they’re ready, the dentist places the veneer to the tooth and examines shape and size before permanently adhering. We can make any minor adjustments if needed to ensure a perfect look and bite. Once ready, the veneers are bonded to teeth, cleaned, and polished.
There’s no other treatment that can completely transform a smile like porcelain veneers in Durham.
- Do veneers ruin your teeth? Veneers require your natural teeth to be reshaped before treatment, and each veneer (a custom-made, thin porcelain shell) adheres onto an existing tooth. To look natural in thickness, the dentist typically shaves down some enamel.
This is a pain-free and safe process. The result is an instantly beautiful, natural-looking, and natural-feeling smile.
- Are porcelain veneers permanent? Porcelain veneers are a long-term solution but not a permanent one. The porcelain shell is bonded to a tooth where it stays in place comfortably and can last for 10 years or more with good oral hygiene and regular dentist visits.
- Are porcelain veneers worth it? Porcelain veneers are worth it if you’re looking to improve the look of your smile along with your confidence. The cosmetic procedure is an investment in your oral health and appearance.
It’s one of the fastest ways to fix many smile flaws such as discoloration, misalignment, and cracks.
- How long does a porcelain veneer last? Porcelain veneers last 10 years on average, but with proper care can last for much longer (even 20 years).
Some factors that contribute to a longer porcelain veneer lifespan include basic hygiene like flossing and brushing, wearing a mouthguard if you play a contact sport, wearing a nightguard if you grind your teeth at night, and avoiding extremely hard foods like rock candy or ice, and avoiding smoking.
- What are the disadvantages of veneers? There are few disadvantages of veneers, all of which can be prevented with proper maintenance and extra care. Each patient is different, and we do require that your teeth and gums are healthy to qualify for a porcelain veneer procedure.
If you’re prone to biting your nails or grinding your teeth at night, this puts your veneers at risk of fractures and cracks. Please avoid biting on hard items and chewing nails to protect your cosmetic procedure. As for jaw clenching or teeth grinding during sleep, a nightguard can help protect your new smile.
Porcelain veneers are created to match your natural teeth and are stain-resistant, but you must still maintain proper oral hygiene. If you have partial veneers and your natural teeth change color over time, they will no longer match your stain-resistant veneers’ color.
There are more advantages than disadvantages when it comes to porcelain veneers. Contact Stead Willis DMD in Durham for porcelain veneers.